Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
To Apply: Email a resume and cover letter to [email protected] and indicate ‘Application AME’ in the Subject Line.
HeavyAero Maintenance Centre is an aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul company priding itself on being a trusted partner within the aircraft maintenance industry.
We are offering an exciting employment opportunity for Aircraft Maintenance Engineers and seeking candidates who want the unique opportunity to grow with our company and be an integral part of our success. We will provide you a professional and safe work environment and will encourage your advancement within our operations.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary will be based on the level of experience.
We offer medical and dental benefits including paid vacation.
SCOPE OF WORK
- De Havilland DHC-8 100, 200, 300 series
- De Havilland DHC-8 400 series
- Bombardier (Canadair) CRJ 100/200 series
- Saab 340 Series
- Beechcraft 1900
The AME is responsible to the Director of Maintenance (PRM) for the co-ordination of the maintenance functions and will carry out these activities in accordance with the policies and procedures defined in both the HeavyAero’s Maintenance Policy Manual (MPM) and the applicable Maintenance Control Manual (MCM).
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The AME duties include, but are not limited to:
- Carry out maintenance, repair, modification, overhaul and alteration services of aircraft and aeronautical products listed within HeavyAero’s scope of work
- Signing of the maintenance release for certified aircraft
- Ensure assigned maintenance personnel have the necessary training and authorizations required to perform maintenance on the aircraft and aeronautical products
- Ensure assigned maintenance personnel are familiar with and have access to the applicable up-to-date MPM, MCM, regulatory and technical publications
- Ensure timely and accurate Technical Record entries are completed as required
- Identify defects and ensure Service Difficulty Reports are submitted for aeronautical products in accordance with the regulatory requirements
- Ensure ground support equipment is properly maintained and facilities are clean, safe and appropriately equipped
- Monitor work performed by sub-contractors ensuring compliance with the MPM, the applicable MCM and regulatory requirements
- Provide mentorship and supervision of non-licensed personnel ensuring that critical knowledge and workmanship is transferred to them
- Lead by example and be a positive role model for others to follow
- Perform other related activities, as necessary or as assigned by management
- Actively participate in the HeavyAero Safety Management System and Quality Assurance programs
- Respect and uphold all the Company policies, procedures & performance expectations
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Candidates must have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude as well as proven expertise in performing maintenance and repairs in accordance with their training, regulatory requirements and company procedures. You will require knowledge of aircraft materials and parts and a strong understanding of the regulations governing their acceptance for certified aircraft and the process of quarantine action.
- Post-Secondary education in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering or equivalent
- Valid Aircraft Maintenance Engineer License-M2 Rating ** M1 Rating considered an asset
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience working as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
- Transport Canada approved type course on at least one (1) aircraft included within HeavyAero’s scope of work considered an asset
- A & P license considered an asset
Strong knowledge of:
- All related regulatory requirements
- Safety Management Systems & safe work practices
Proven success with:
- Working effectively in unpredictable environments
- Performing under pressure and the ability to multitask while paying close attention to details and the surrounding environment
- Prioritizing work and organizational skills
- Ability to be a team player with a professional attitude
- Mechanical aptitude
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written to ensure safe and compliant outcomes
- Understanding the effect of Human Factors in Maintenance operations
- Flexibility to work shift work and additional hours including evenings and weekends as required
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a Restricted Airside Identification Card (RAIC)
- Must be able to acquire and maintain an Airside Vehicle Operator’s Permit (AVOP)
- Must have a clean criminal record
- Must hold and maintain a valid passport and driver’s license
- Must hold a current AME license
- Due to the safety sensitive nature of the job and possible customer requirements, applicants must be willing to complete pre-employment and random drug and alcohol testing
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Work involves exposure to unusual elements such as dirt, dust, fumes, extreme temperatures, humidity, darkness and noise
- Work involves physical risks such as working around mechanical, chemical and electrical hazards which can be dangerous if not handled correctly
- Must be able to meet the physical tasks of the job (e.g. standing, walking, wearing a respirator, climbing, pushing, pulling, lifting, working from heights & confined spaces etc.)
- Must be able to see, hear and properly communicate with others
Personal protective equipment, as defined by the Company, will be provided and must be worn.